Friday, June 15, 2007

Moo Hoo Ha Ha

I'm sure this is just a coincidence, but someone pointed out that apparently I share names with the villain in a children's book called Winchell Mink: The Misadventure Begins by some pollyanna motivational writer.

Unfortunately, the book's description doesn't do much for the protagonist, either. "Constantly bullied by the inventively articulate Clayton Moore, quirky Winchell Mink, 11, finds solace with his box turtle, Hannibal. One day, it begins communicating telepathically with him and encourages him to go out and experience life, but he ends up falling off a cliff."

But I am loving the excerpt at Amazon. "It would be bad enough if they were all just your run-of-the-mill bullies. But this bully bunch was led by the deadly clever Clayton Moore, the meanest and most articulate bully known to bullykind."

If only it were so. I'm off to stroke my white cat while I polish up my Latin. Have a safe weekend, everybody. Don't run with scissors. Or get brainwashed by your telepathic pets into falling off a cliff. (I swear, I couldn't make this up if I tried).

No comments: